ISCSR 2017 – Role Play #1: Advisor
- It’s April and it’s hard to believe that Varun doesn’t have a job. He’s well qualified and one of our top students. He has relevant experience. He knows what the job requires.
- He’s taken the career course. He’s attended networking events. We’ve emphasized many times how difficult it will be to find a job in the US, especially tech product management. Maybe he should find a more analytical job? Consider returning home.
- We have many online resources but are they using them, like our alumni directory?
- They have to do more networking and make time for it. Is Varun networking enough? Is he really connecting with the contacts? I know how difficult this must be for him.
- I have more students than ever to manage. I wish I had the time to “go deep” with every student but I simply can’t.